Sunday, October 3, 2010

Way Behind..The Hospital Visit..Another Doha Day...How do you get released!

I am way behind on updating my blog. Bear with me as it will take a bit to get caught up. In late August upon my return trip from the USA I was hospitalized at Al Ahil . It is a private hospital, good care and modern for this part of the world. Apparently due to my 3 hour flight from Utah to Houston and then another 16 hour flight from Houston to Qatar I developed blot clots. Two of them broke loose and traveled to both my lungs. Diagnosed with Massive Pulmonary Embolism. I was in CCU for 5 days and then a private room for 3 more. I feel extremely blessed that the Lord was watching over me and made sure I got the care I needed. The many prayers from family and friends were felt as I gathered peace more and more each day. I also am grateful for the church family here. I had visitors every single day and they kept my spirits high not allowing me to get down or worried. Now, time came to be released and here is the Doha Days moment. The doctors signed all the papers and came in my room to give me final instructions. Just now waiting for the insurance people downstairs. A few hours went by and I being restless asked a nurse what is happening. Finally it came down to the insurance people emailed our US insurance company which was the middle of the night US time and expected them to respond back. Hello...no one is there. I convinced them to call. They said they could not get through. Its a 24 hour, 7 day a week number . So I called on my cell phone (costing an arm and a leg). They said, we approved the claim three days ago, all costs will be covered and a letter was sent. Great I thought. No...of course this isn't the end. The email went to another employees hospital email and that person was not working so now they had to have another letter because of course in three days the insurance may change their mind. I called back and the lady said if you stay on the phone with me I can write another letter and send. I agreed to stay on the line. The letter was sent. Steve goes downstairs to the office to see why its taking so long. The man could not open it...an attachment. No reason he should not be able to, but that doesn't matter. So I asked, can you email it to my email. The lady said yes. Steve drives homes, prints out the letter from our email and brings to the hospital, lays it down on the mans desk and says, "now let my wife out of here." So you see life is still difficult in the great Land of Sand! Check back in a few days I will post more.

No comments: