Monday, February 4, 2008

Tribute to Pres.Gordon B Hinckley

My thoughts have turned to a dear and wonderful man of God, Pres. Hinckley. As I listened to parts of his funeral and other tributes on the internet so far away, tears streamed down my face. I am so grateful for the life and example of this wonderful man, prophet,seer and revelator. I remember two specific times when I was in his presence where the spirit was so strong and I knew, we all knew, he was a prophet of God. The first was in Houston at the Astrodome where he came to speak. As he entered the stadium in a golf cart and we all stood and sang, my heart was so full. I turned to my children who were still young and said, "do you feel it, he is the prophet." Next, was in the dedication of the Houston Texas Temple. I was on the stake public affairs at the time and we did all of the special tours for the Mayor and other important visitors. I was given tickets to attend an inside room and as he walked around the corner he peaked his head in, smiled and gently waved. That very same feeling came upon me again. An overwhelming peace, love and a strong knowledge of truth. I find joy in knowing he is reunited with his wife. I love him and he will be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaylene,
Your grandchildren are adorable! I enjoyed your tribute to President Hinckley and agree with you wholeheartedly. He was a wonderful man and a true prophet of God. Good for you to get your own blog - I have yet to chart that course, ha ha
Missing you,
Linda Hunt