Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Latest Doha Days!

I decided to go to the mall to get some boots. While trying them on I was sitting on a bench by a mirror when a lady in a abaya (full national dress) was trying on coats. She was using the mirror next to me and posing. I smiled. She leaves for a moment and comes back with a black sleevless dress and begins to try it on right in front of me, OVER her abaya. She could not zip it because it was a bit tight with all the clothing. She motioned the sales lady over to pull the fabric tight and zip it. Then she poses more. I am thinking I need to get out of here! Then suddenly she says to me, "you like"? "Does it look good"? I said yes, but in my head I was thinking, how can you tell if it fits you over all those clothes? Why don't you try it on in the dressing room so you can really tell? The black over the black just doesn't do it! Many things just don't make sense to me. I smiled again and then quickly left. Oh well, this is the Land of Sand and nothing ever surprises me anymore!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

That is too funny! I wonder if she bought it. It is amazing that she spoke to you. Sometimes I just really have to pinch myself to make sure I am not imagining some of the crazy things I see here.