Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Doha Days are Back! ( two posts today)

Two weeks ago several ladies gathered at the "W" hotel for a going away luncheon. When I arrived it was rather busy so I handed my keys to valet park. At the time I thought, I hope this works out. After going inside I ask at the desk where the party was. They did not know, of course! Maybe its not here she said. Finally I convinced them to look at the three restaurants and we found the group. It was a great lunch we all handed our keys to the valet attendant. Before leaving I had to pick up a standing fan from a friend. So she pulled up and took it out of her car as I was still waiting for them to bring my car around. So after standing there for 10 minutes while holding a fan in the 100F heat they brought me a luggage cart for the fan. Now imagine the view. I looked even more ridiculous then. I finally went inside with my luggage cart and the fan and pleaded where is my car? They could not find it. Their answer was, Madam you just checked in it isn't parked yet. I am like WHAT? I have been here two hours at a luncheon. They look again, still can't find the matching keys to my slip. I described my car and said go look for it. Still not working I said show me all the keys and I will find it. Sure enough they had wrapped my keys up with group of business men behind me. After 40 minutes I finally got my car, proudly put my fan in the back!

No comments: