Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Doha Days and the Drainage System!

Okay I come home from grocery shopping, (an all day event in this country) and go inside the bathroom to wash my hands everything is so dusty and dirty. The drain on the floor begins to flood and water/sewage is coming up out on the floor. I call the office for a plumber, yes Madam(this is my proper name here)I will call him right now. Twenty minutes later no plumber but the water has gone down. I go into the kitchen to get disinfectant spray and the floor in the kitchen is flooding with soapy water from the washing machine. I get that turned off and then I see the dishwasher is on so I have to turn that off. Still no plumber. I go into the other bathroom to get a couple of spare towels and two cockroach's are happily dancing around that floor drain. Enough is enough. I call back the office,my voice escalating, where is the plumber. He then finally comes. In the meantime, I am holding two towels over my arm, sweat pouring down my face, disinfectant spray in one hand and RAID spray in the other. I have no mercy for those pesty roaches. I spray them, close the door and then when Steve gets home he cleans them up. So happy here in the Land of Sand!

2 comments:

Murray Family said...

Oh wow...what a pain!

dee said...

one word.....(is it a word?)
UGH!!!!