Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Tribute!


I am very grateful to still have my Mother and Mother-in-law living. They have both been very supportive and loving to me. I would like to pay tribute to them. I remember when I was in junior high and I tried out for cheerleader and of course did not make it. It was done by voting of the students and I was not the popular one, EVER. I usually took the bus home from school but this day I walked home crying all the way. When I arrived home there was a cake and a card on the kitchen table from my Mother saying you are "our winner". What love and support I felt at the time when I felt all had been lost. This is just one of many times. Next, when I was pregnant with Ashley and living in California I had to go on bedrest. Michael was two and very active so without hesitation my Mother-in-law had us move in with them and she took care of me, Michael and Steve until the baby was born. What a relief and pleasure to be pampered and know that Michael was taken care of. Many other times she has supported us. Thanks Mom's....I love you!
Last, I need to say how thankful I am to be the Mother of two fabulous children. What a great honor and privilege the Lord has given me. I treasure every day to be a Mother!

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day. Your blog made me smile.

The Carlsens said...

Love you mom! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! just now was able to read this post. MWAH!!!