Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Doha Days are here again!

This past weekend we had the privilege of having Jeffery R Holland and his wife visit us here in Qatar. An exciting part is that I got to pick them up from the airport, such an honor. He is here to appoint a new Stake President, after he visits the rest of our stake which is several other countries. Saturday was our offical Stake Conference Meeting then on Sunday a bunch of ladies from church took Sister Holland and Sister Causse shopping at the Souqs and to lunch!:) Now, where else in the world do you have your meetings any day of the week instead of on Sunday and then go shopping with an Apostle's wife on Sunday?! Only when Friday is Sunday and Sunday is Monday and that is here in the "Land of Sand"!




7 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

you didn't snap a picture of Jeffrey R. Holland?

Dan and Dee said...

Looks like a fun time was had by one and all!!!
Great experience I am sure!

Author said...

isn't it amazing that even though you can live anywhere in the world that when you see pictures of women in the church we all look a like?! and we all love to go shopping?! what a great opportunity for you!

Dannielle said...

Sometimes it seems like you guys see more high-up church leaders than I do here in Provo! Looks like fun, wish I was there

Dianna said...

It is sad we didn't get a photo op with Elder Holland. I guess it just wasn't appropriate at our stake conference meeting.

Emily P said...

What is sad to me is I dont even recognize a lot of the women in the photo. I wonder how many people I would even know in the ward now. It was fun to see those I did recognize though. I even recognize the Pearl-man!

Aly said...

WOW! What an AMAZING experience!