I am woman! I am invincible! I am pooped! -Linda Henley-Smith-
Thursday, August 7, 2008
The Stampin' Convention and Yes, Doha Days!
The Stampin' Up! convention was wonderful. New catalog, new products, fun, fun, fun. I will post later samples and fun events of that. For now its Doha Days! Even when I am not at home in Doha, Doha Days still happen. My husband, Steve flew home ahead of me and upon arrival he could not get the computer or router to work and so we could not use our US phone line and he had trouble trying to even email me. He was going to go buy a new router but just in case I emailed some friends and they said, no don't. The telephone company Q-tel changed the pop server and so you have to re-configure everything. He had to have a neighbor come over who had already spent hours on the phone with Q-tel trying to figure this out. What a big mess! Now what country in their right mind changes the pop server and never tells the customers! Next, the day we left Doha they delivered a new washing machine. The small European kind that fit two pairs of jeans or maybe four towels. Anyway, as Steve was trying to figure it out by reading the booklet it appeared that the booklet was not the right booklet for the machine. Not one single symbol or word matches our machine! He finally got some wash done but it took over two hours just to wash.....so it is not normal yet. I have no idea if and when we will get the right booklet or if anyone can figure out the shorter cycle! Third, Steve got sick so he finally went to the doctor. I called him to find out the results. He could not understand the doctor, yes he was speaking English but a very strong accent. So, Steve said, I got three medications, I think one is an antibiotic but not sure. So Ashley goggled it to find out. Thank goodness it is. Yes, this is the Land of Sand!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kaylene--I am sooo sorry you have that washer! One king size sheet will fit in it and it will come out as wrinkled as ever!
We are very lucky to have a US large load washer. We can't tell when the cycles change but that is nothing compared to what you have to deal with.
BTW The grand kids look like your children! So cute.
I get to see ours again- LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment