Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Doha Moment!

This is another Doha Days! I was driving home and saw two men holding hands. Now it is common here to see that. Apparently, they are just friends. But this really made me laugh. I did not have my camera with me (wish I did) so you will have to picture this in your head. Two workers (probably from India or Bangladesh etc.) in their brown jumpsuits, red checkered headress wrapped tighly around their heads and across the face to cut out the wind. One man had a shovel over his shoulder the other man had a large pick over his shoulder. They were holding hands by two fingers, pinky and the ring finger. But this is the part I had to laugh. They were swinging their arms! I was waiting for them to start skipping. It reminded me of the Seven Dwarfs.

3 comments:

Vanalee said...

You make me laugh!!! I remember seeing men hold hands all the time in Saudi and always thought it was a little strange. I could picture the scene perfectly, probably because I've seen it before. You blog brings back great memories of our time in Saudi Arabia.

Murray Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is weird! I can't believe men and women can't hold hands, but men can! kjiseljsjdej,ksji nuljlzekjjhr -- that was from Maddie, she was dying to type something; she says she loves you :)

Author said...

funny!